Monday, January 7, 2008

Appletown

In the past few months I have rekindled my love of the apple. So today
I went out and bought one of every apple I had either, never had/heard
of or hadn't had in awhile.

Here we have (starting from the left back row)

Sonya
Pink lady
Red delicious
Golden delicious
Braeburn
(continuing from the left on the front row)
Rome
Cameo
Jonagold
Honey crisp


I have had pink ladies, golden delicious, red delicious, and honey crisp (sounds like a cereal). I have never had the others. I will report back about the different apples tastes and textures.

Here are a few Interesting fun facts about apples.

The pink lady apple is a cross between a golden delicious and a lady Williams apple.

Apples are natural toothbrushes

As you chew an apple it massages your gums, helping prevent gum disease.

Apples help stabilize your blood sugar levels which helps curb your craving for sweets

Apples are fat, sodium, and cholesterol free.

About 25% of an apple volume is air, which is why they float.

I declare this the year of the apple!

0 comments: