Saturday, January 19, 2008

A New Series. Strange Things on Scooters

Toady I arrived in Vietnam. If you asked me 10 years ago to name 5 places I thought i would never go in my life, this would be one of them. It is very strange being here. Sometimes before I leave to go to a city or country I've never been, my mind starts running wild with ideas of what I expect it to be like. Usually when i arrive there are certain aspects that are what I expected but I'm usually way off. Vietnam is exactly like I thought it would be. Palm trees, houses practically stacked on top of each other, scooters everywhere. Which brings me to the purpose of this post. After seeing many people on scooters carrying things that any mortal man would deem impossible I decided I should document as many as I could. So here is the first installment of what will hopefully be a recurring series of posts with people carry strange things on scooters.



Note the packages in between the legs as well.



IMG_0975.jpg


IMG_1001.jpg

2 comments:

Vera said...

I think the packages are interesting, but did you notice the people? I suspect those people are , in fact, notorious criminals that have heisted all that stuff, they do have their faces covered.
OR
They are all trying to be Michael Jackson? I shall ponder this!

rabidrunner said...

I think it's the bird flu. Or was that last year?